Thursday, March 15

A certain Pride

As many of you in Australia who get the MEAA Equity magazine will have seen, the current issue is pretty much dominated by so-called 'GREEN' articles, including the main part of this blog. The union invited me to the annual federal council meeting to talk about my article and to have a discussion about it. I am grateful to them for the opportunity and the very supportive response.

It is understandable that there would be a certain amount of concern with regards to the criticism of the role of actors and advertising. As I imply in the article, this is not an easy topic. But at least it may have started people thinking.

One of the other great outcomes is that the Union is going to have a carbon audit of their operation conducted and are determined to shrink their footprint, so to speak. It gives me a certain pride that I have helped kick start this debate within our industry.

If you are reading this from another country please direct your fellow performers here to have a read and talk about it all from the perspective of your own industry. I would love to hear from you. Email me!

This is my first entry for a while. I hope to continue to add to it on a regular basis. PLEASE, contribute, leave your thoughts, ideas, questions, links........ whatever, and tell others to visit and TALK about the subject.

Cheers

wz

PS If you're in Sydney come and see Daniel Keen's play The Nightwatchman at the Griffin. Until April 7th/or 14th (if extending)

Directed by Lee Lewis with Camilla Ah Kin, Alex Demitriades and yours truly.
Link

No comments: